- Monday, May 20, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseTexas Task Force 1 Deploying to Oklahoma
Texas Task Force 1, the state's elite search and rescue team, was activated this evening to assist local officials and first responders in Oklahoma following today's tornado outbreak.
- Monday, May 20, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Rick Perry on Passage of House Bill 4
HB 4 helps ensure Texas has a reliable water supply for the next 50 years by promoting conservation and innovative reuse, while further developing brackish and desalination water treatment in addition to traditional reservoir and pipeline conveyance projects. These measures will help address the increased demand our population growth will have on our water needs now and into the future.
- Monday, May 20, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Rick Perry on Creation of Texas Tech Health Sciences Center at El Paso
With Texas's unprecedented population growth comes increased demand on important services, such as health care. SB 120 will help Texas keep up with our growing population's unique medical needs, reaffirming our commitment to improving access to and the quality of health care in our state while ensuring Texas students have a variety of higher education options.
- Monday, May 20, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Rick Perry on Oklahoma Tornado Damage
The images emerging from Oklahoma today are a terrifying reminder of how quickly the force of Mother Nature can devastate entire communities. Our hearts are heavy for all Americans who have been affected by the recent outbreak of storms across our country. State emergency assets in Texas will remain on alert and stand ready to help our neighbors any way we can.
- Monday, May 20, 2013 Austin, Texas ProclamationGov. Perry Again Renews Proclamation Extending Drought Emergency
Gov. Rick Perry has again renewed a proclamation extending drought emergency for specified counties due to the ongoing exceptional drought conditions across the state. The proclamation directs necessary resources be made available to aid response efforts and notes the ongoing strain on water resources.
- Friday, May 17, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseGov. Rick Perry Applauds Efforts to Improve Affordability at Texas Tech University System and University of Houston System
Gov. Rick Perry today applauded both the Texas Tech University System and University of Houston System for approving a four-year fixed tuition rate for incoming freshmen.
- Friday, May 17, 2013 Austin, Texas SpeechGov. Perry’s Remarks on the Granbury Storm Damage
Gov. Rick Perry today toured the communities impacted by Wednesday’s deadly tornadoes. He was joined by state and local officials to discuss damage response and recovery efforts.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 Austin, Texas Press ReleaseStatement by Gov. Rick Perry on West Investigation Results
The tragedy in West has dramatically changed the lives of many in this tight-knit community, forever leaving its mark on the town and in the hearts of those who call West home.